Position: Senior Program Manager, College Programs
~~~ is the nation's largest college and career success program for undocumented students who came to this country as children. Our work is anchored in our belief that all children living in this country-regardless of where they were born -should have the opportunity to receive a college education and pursue a meaningful career. We have over 6,500 Scholars who are enrolled in or have graduated from 70+ Partner Colleges committed to their college and career success. ~~~' goal is to have over 7,500 DREAMers graduate with college ready degrees.
The Sr. Program Manager, College Programs will be primarily responsible for: (1) building a network of Partner Colleges that have identified, implemented and shared evidence-based policies and practices that address the systemic barriers undocumented students face in college and career success; (2) overseeing and evolving ~~~ Partner College Model; (3) serving as a Relationship Manager for a portfolio of designated Partner Colleges; and (4) helping build field expertise by sharing evidence-based policies and practices with education and business leaders via conferences and workshops.
In addition, the Sr. Program Manager will assist with leading special projects, developing grant proposals, and serving as an ambassador for the Program.
Building Partner College Network Serving Undocumented Students' College and Career success, including:
- Building and convening a network of Partner Colleges that are Identifying, implementing, and sharing innovative and effective college practices for supporting undocumented students' college and career success;
- Creating and providing college and career resources to Partner Colleges through learning workshops, resource directories, tool kits, instructional videos, etc.; and
- Creating learning communities on college and career supports and building and supporting the Partner College Facebook community for sharing effective practices
Overseeing and evolving ~~~ Partner College Model, including:
- Development of resources to support ~~~ Relationship Managers in supporting Partner College teams, including templates for orientations, check-in meetings, and data sharing; and
- Managing a portfolio of designated Partner Colleges to ensure institutional commitment; a strong and committed PC team is in place to support Scholars; clear expectations of each other; and clear and open communication.
In close partnership with the Measurement and Evaluation team, helping building field expertise by sharing evidence-based policies and practices with higher education and business leaders, including:
- With ~~~ partners, helping design and implement conferences and workshops for leaders in higher education and business;
- Presenting at national and regional conferences on effective supports for undocumented students' college and career success;
- Creating and providing resources to education and business leaders to enable them to lift and support each other's work through on-line resource directories, tool kits, instructional videos, and learning workshops; and
- Serving as ~~~ representative for the National Association of Colleges and Employers, including serving on the NACE Hispanic affinity group and the undocumented student subgroup.
- 10+ years of experience in college and/or career support services, plus an advanced degree in education (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in and a deep commitment to serving undocumented immigrant students
- Strong partner relationship management skills used in building and implementing college and/or career support programs, including defining objectives and deliverables and monitoring and evaluating results
- Experience in event design, management, and assessment
- Strong analytical, writing, and management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically
- Ability to thrive in a virtual, ever-changing, and collaborative work environment
- High standards of personal integrity